I was tagged a while ago by three, yes three, fabulous bloggers for the "What Were You Doing 10 Years Ago" meme. Caitlin of Engineer Baker, Jessica of My Baking Heart and Amy of Eggs on Sunday all tagged me for the same meme. I guess I had to get to it sometime! Here goes:
The rules: Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
What was I doing ten years ago?
I was working as a designer for a sign company. We made all kinds of signs, menus and corporate imaging for companies such as Starbucks, McDonalds, Esso, etc, as well as smaller local companies.
What are five (non-work) things on my to-do list for today:
1. Make pie dough for the next Tuesdays with Dorie (I might not get to it today after all...)
4. Clean the apartment
5. Menu planning for next week
5 Snacks I enjoy:
1. Sun Chips (The person who invented these is EVIL!)
2. Anything chocolate
3. Scones, muffins, anything bread-like
4. Cashews (they are my favorite nut)
Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Build my dream house
2. Build my parents and my brother their dream houses
3. Get better equipped for photography (I am photography obsessed!)
4. Travel, that’s for sure!
5. Contribute to charities that help children in need
Places I have lived:
1. I was born in Montréal, Québec and lived there until age 8.
2. Edmundston, New-Brunswick, from age 8 to 20.
3. I left Edmundston for Québec City to go to Laval University. I lived there for 4 years and that’s where I met Martin.
4. I moved back to Edmundston (with Martin this time) and we lived there for almost 4 years before moving back to Québec City.
5. Now we live in Lévis, which is about 20 minutes from Québec.
Jobs I have had:
1. The first job I had was in my parents’ restaurant. I was about 10 years old, I started washing dishes and working in the kitchen, then a little while later, I moved up to waitress. I loved it, I got to meet a lot of people as it was a tourist stop in the summer. I guess that’s where I got my love of all things food.
2. Babysitter (a LOT)
3. I worked as a salesgirl in Old Québec while I was at University. Again I got to meet lots of different people. I also worked in the shoe department of a big department store.
4. Designer for a sign company (that’s what I was doing ten years ago).
5. And now I’m a stay at home mom of three!As for who I'm tagging for this meme, if you haven't been tagged yet, consider it done!
Another meme I was tagged for is "Your Ten Favorite Food Photos". The incredibly talented Gretchen from Canela & Comino wants to see my favorite food pics, so here they are:
Click the pics to see the original post.
I am tagging 5 bloggers who I think have consistently fantastic food pics so I can't wait to see what their favorites are!
Lynn of Cookie Baker Lynn
Brilynn of Jumbo Empanadas
Patricia of Technicolor Kitchen
Kevin of Closet Cooking
Mari of Mevrouw Cupcake
Another 3 incredible bloggers, Alfie of Cabbage Roses and Cupcakes, Nic of Cherrapeno and Mara of Lick The Spatula all think that my blog has good enough pics to deserve the Arte Y Pico award. I appreciate it very much as all three have an incredible eye for photography. Thank you three so much! I would like to pass this award along to 5 deserving bloggers. Visit their blogs and you'll see that they are really talented photographers.
The rules for the award are:
-Pick five blogs who deserve this award because the content of their blog is creative, interesting, and they inspire the blogging community. -Each recipient has to have their name and link back to their blog. -The recipient must display the award and link back to the blog that awarded them the award. -The recipient must also show the link back to Arte y Pico blog so everyone knows the origin of the award.
Joey of 80 Breakfasts
Rajani of Vegetarian in Me
Mandy of Fresh from the Oven
Amy of Nook and Pantry
Arfi of HomemadeS
Alfie also sent the "E for Excellent" award my way a few months ago. Thank you Alfie, that is so sweet of you! Lynn of Cookie Baker Lynn had also awarded me the "E" a little while back, you can see who I awarded it to here.
Two of the sweetest bloggers I have come to know, Grace of A Southern Grace and Ginny of Just Get Floury both gave me the "I Love You This Much" award. Thank you so much you guys, I love you this much too! I think that is one of the cutest awards out there and I want to pass it along to bloggers who make me laugh, inspire me and always brighten my day!
Susan of Sticky, Gooey, Creamy, Chewy
Elle of Elle's New England Kitchen
Brilynn of Jumbo Empanadas
Aimée of Under the High Chair
Amy of Eggs on Sunday
Ah, the "Yummy Blog Award". Lynn of the fabulously yummy Cookie Baker Lynn blog thinks my blog is yummy! Thank you Lynn, your blog is way yummier, this means a lot coming from you! I think so many food blogs out there deserve this award but here are 5 I think are yummy, yummy, yummy!
What Geeks Eat
Glorious Food and Wine
And last but certainly not least I want to thank The Biscuit Pusher for giving me the "Blogging with a Purpose" award a while back. I'm so sorry it took me so long to acknowledge it. I want to send it to Bee and Jai of jugalbandi. Not only do they host the wonderful CLICK event every month, they pulled the blogging community together to support a friend and fellow blogger. You guys Rock with a capital "R"!
I hope I didn't miss a tag from anyone, please let me know if I did. If any of you have already received these awards, I promise not to take it personally if you don't pass them along again. I just wanted to let all you guys know I love to read your posts and I always look forward to learning new things about you. I also love to discover new blogs and hope you discovered a few today! Have fun checking every blog out!