Wednesday, August 6, 2008

No Heat to Beat!

Like the title says, there is no heat to beat. It's been cold and rainy here for the most part of the last 3 weeks. Perfect Fall weather. And I love Fall but not in the Summer!

I'm really not a fan of warm and humid weather, it's just that we'd have at least liked to do some outdoors stuff. Picnics in the park? Too wet. Swimming? Not in this cold weather! Car trips? Well, we've had a few of those, but driving in the rain isn't that fun. At least the lack of warm weather didn't stop me from making refreshing desserts. It's technically still Summer and gosh darn it, I'm making the most of it!

So for Grace's Beat the Heat event I made this Lemon-Lime Frozen Yogurt. To me, nothing says refreshing like lemon or lime and the two together are a perfect match. I found this recipe on Dessert First, via Food Blog Search, and adapted it a little to get what I wanted.

I hope you like lemon-lime Grace! Eating this, it felt a lot more like Summer time, I think I even saw the sun peaking through the clouds for a little while... Just a little while though.


Don't forget to check out the Beat the Heat round-up at A Southern Grace!

Lemon-Lime Frozen Yogurt
Adapted from Dessert First

3 cups plain whole milk yogurt
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 tbsp lemon zest
1/2 tbsp lime zest

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients together. Chill for at least 2 hours.

Using your ice cream maker of choice, freeze into pure bliss. Enjoy!



Pin It!

22 comments:

Manggy said...

Refreshing and citrusy-- great combination for the summer! Well, even if it feels more like fall, heh heh :) I hope the sun comes out and melts your insides! In a good way!

Nic said...

What a great entry - I love lemon and lime!

Susan from Food Blogga said...

That first photo of the zest is so amazingly colorful! It must have been a zesty, refreshing treat!

Patricia Scarpin said...

Oh, I love lemon and lime, sweetie! Send some over, please! And I don't even care it's cold here. :)

RecipeGirl said...

Lemon + lime is a favorite of mine so I think I'd love this. Hope the sun comes out soon and gives you a little bit of summer. If not, head down to Southern California. We've got plenty to pass around!

Gigi said...

I will happily ship you my high 90's low 100's weather for some cool rainy days! The frozen yogurt looks light and refreshing.

Anonymous said...

Your making my mouth water! I love frozen yogurt!

Hannah www.delkitchen.blogspot.com

grace said...

this really is the perfect beat-the-heat dish. frozen yogurt is a gimme, but lemon-lime just screams REFRESHMENT. i love it. thank you. :)

Anonymous said...

That sounds really tart and refreshing.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the zest! Love it.
This looks so tasty!

Aimée said...

My kind of summer refresher! This looks amazing. IKWYM about the rain. Everyone around me is complaining, but I like the coolness. The down side is that it is making stuff in my garden rot, and that is bad. Guess I don't have good drainage or something, but stuff is turning brown and that is bad. :(

Anonymous said...

Those zest looks yummy enough to be eaten just like that... :D

I'd like to invite you to join the food photo contest. Please have a look here for more info
http://cookingetcetera.wordpress.com/2008/07/07/red-white-foodie-photo-contest/

There're some prizes for the lucky winners :D

Anonymous said...

That looks wonderful! I'm gonna have to buy myself an ice cream maker!

Cookie baker Lynn said...

Mmm, this looks perfectly delicious and refreshing. If you close your eyes and lick, I'm sure it tastes just like a hot summer day with sweat trickling down the back of your neck. I love the pictures!

Mama Mia said...

although its not too hot up there in Canada, I bet that sorbet was delightful anyways~

Rajani said...

wow i can feel the burst of citrussy flavour!! lovely entry.

Elle said...

It's beautiful! I can almost taste it, too.

We're having the same weather, by the way! Very cool and rainy.

Anonymous said...

This looks so refreshing and light, and here in Los Angeles, it's been decidedly summer like. This is the perfect remedy!

L said...

Oh, this looks divine. Must try it.

Ginny said...

we've had similar weather here...very fallish! I bet on Friday when it is time for me to move, it will be either hot or raining! :) the yogurt looks delicious! very refreshing!

Steph said...

Your frozen yogurt looks so refreshing! It is such a healthy alternative to icecream. By the way, don't you just love the microplane.

Anonymous said...

The photos of the zest are absolutely gorgeous! Makes me want to go zest something right now, and I don't even have anything to do with it :)