Tuesday, December 23, 2008

TWD - Real Butterscotch Pudding

This post is going to be very short and very sweet. Short in that I have very few words to say about this fabulous Butterscotch Pudding. A few of them I said with my mouth full, rolling my eyes to the back of my head wondering why I haven't made this pudding before. And very sweet (and rich I could add) as in brown sugar, eggs, heavy cream, more sugar and, oh, yes, Scotch Whiskey! Seriously, when Dorie says this is the real deal, she is not kidding. I want to specify that I did not use a food processor for this recipe. I whizzed it with my immersion blender but, really, I mean you could just sieve it before you pour it into ramekins/glasses/other vessel of your choice. It's PUDDING, for pete's sake.

I want to thank Donna of Spatulas, Corkscrews and Suitcases for a great pick this week. A very comforting and easy dessert, just when I needed it. Please visit her blog for the recipe. Don't forget to check out a few of the wonderful bakers who also participate in Tuesdays with Dorie every week! And may your Holidays be as sweet and comforting as this pudding! :)
Pin It!

28 comments:

Unknown said...

This pudding is amazing. And yours looks beautiful with the crumbly topping.

Isabelle Lambert said...

c'est le must ce pouding! à refaire encore et encore !

Ginny said...

I'm drooling! that looks fabulous! :)

Julie said...

Quel beau dessert! Sans parler de tes biscuits 3 couleurs pour le Père-Noël!!! Du beau boulot!

Anonymous said...

Yes. Super tasty wasn't it? I dig the whipped cream idea.

Anonymous said...

So glad you loved the pudding. As I was reading the comments in the forum, I got a little worried that no one liked Butterscotch Pudding. WHAT? Not like it? It's one of the most heart-warming comfort foods this side of macaroni and cheese!

You did a great job!

Have a wonderful holiday!
Donna
Spatulas & Corkscrews

Anonymous said...

We loved this pudding too! Your looks great!!

Gretchen Noelle said...

Lovely little glasses of pudding. It was tasty, wasn't it?

Sarah said...

looks great! love how you topped yours...merry christmas!

chocolatechic said...

I need an immersion blender.

Helloooooo Santa are you listening???

Danielle said...

Yours turned out great! Good job. This pudding is a fav for me!

Shelby said...

I agree! The pudding was awesome!

Manggy said...

Ha ha ha! So, did you like it? Lol ;)

Megan said...

I keep saying I've got to make this, I've heard nothing but rave reviews about it.

Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...

I agree - a fabulous dessert, indeed, and the recipe calls for far too many dishes!

Anonymous said...

What is that you put on top? It looks gorgeous!

Carol Peterman/TableFare said...

Your presentation is beautiful and so fitting for such a delicious upscale pudding.

Jaime said...

yours looks so lovely i wish i could have some right now! glad to know the immersion blender does the trick too. happy holidays!

Anonymous said...

Ahaha. I'm glad you liked it. Alcohol always make stuff better, don't you think? Haha.
It looks really nice too :)
Happy Holidays!

vibi said...

LOL Were your toes also curling? LOL
It looks wonderful indeed!
A very merry Christmas to you!

grace said...

it's this type of thing that leaves jello pudding in the dust, after grinding it into the ground and spitting on it. outstanding! :)
happy holidays, lyb!!!

Peggy said...

I love that you put your pudding in pretty glasses! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas! See you in the new year!!!!

PheMom said...

I love the beautiful creamy shade of, well, butterscotch, color your pudding turned out. Very lovely in those tall glasses. I didn't use the food processor much either because I don't have one that is big enough, but it turned out great anyway.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

Jules Someone said...

This was pretty yummy! Nice job

Peabody said...

Your pudding turned out perfect.

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Your pudding is so so pretty - love the topping. We really liked it also (will post on Tuesday; I cooked the cheesecake for this week's post) and made part with and part without the scotch; part with a whisk at the end and part with the food processor. The food processor pudding was silkier, but they were both really good.

Love all your cookies below also.
Nancy

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

Wow, great pudding.

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful...you have managed to take mere pudding and elevate it to star status...great job!