Monday, September 15, 2008

Fashionably Late

Or should that be "Fashionably Last Minute"? In any case, I'm at the last minute, as usual, for a really fun blogging event. Susan from Sticky, Gooey, Creamy, Chewy is celebrating her first year blogiversary with a Blogiversary Bash. And she's inviting the food blogging community to the party! Isn't that sweet?

So, I thought really hard about what I should send to her, wrote down a few ideas and as usual, time flew by and I forgot. So there I was, this morning, reminded of the deadline and looking through my ideas, frantically trying to find something worthy of a party. Then it hit me. Every party needs some sweet bites and I had recently made a batch of that delicious Ground Cherry Compote I told you guys about a while back.

What better way to showcase it than on a thin slice of French bread, toasted lightly and topped with a good Gruyère cheese. The sweet, savory pairing works really well here and makes a nice addition the usual party bites. Plus, they're really easy to make, especially if you're caught at the last minute. So if you're like me, you've got until tonight to send in your party food suggestions to Susan. It's not too late to join the party!


Pin It!

14 comments:

Sandie said...

Your ground cherry compote is a wonderful idea. I've had such a frantic weekend, I almost forgot about Susan's party... but I've got the perfect treat in mind. See you there!

Cookie baker Lynn said...

Mmm, that looks like a wonderful party item. I'll try to find it in the crush of people at the blogversary bash.

Manggy said...

Oh, I know what you mean. I forgot to look at the most important part of the invite-- the date! I just read Patricia's entry today and I was like, "Oh crap!!!" But we made it in time and are not late at all!! And you come bearing sweet-savory gifts too! Yummy! :) This reminds me of one of my favorite crepes when I'm feeling over-dessert-ed. I'll have to show you one of these days :)

Anonymous said...

Cherry and cheese on crusty tasty bread? You're so my hero, and need to invite me over now!

Ginny said...

Delicious!!!! The photos are beautiful!

Aimée said...

I must have missed your ground cherry compote post. It looks amazing!! Any chance you are bringing some to the jam swap???
These bites look like my kind of party food: bread, cheese and fruit. Delish!

Elle said...

This looks wonderful! I looked at the recipe for the compote and realized I've never seen ground cherries. hmmm...must go searching for some!

PheMom said...

That sounds like such an amazing idea! I have been on a total "jamming" type of kick lately.

Anonymous said...

People don't combine cheese and jam often enough. It's sad, really.

Nic said...

I was rather late too! I love to pair cheese with jam, this one is for me!

grace said...

ground cherries are on the pathetically long list of things i want to try. the simple yet elegant combination of bread, jam, and cheese is a perfect contribution to the bash! :)

• friX • said...

Man, that does look delicious !

Susan @ SGCC said...

Oooh! This looks marvelous! Thanks so much for sending it over. I can't wait to try it!

Anonymous said...

I don't mind that you're late and I don't think anyone else does because this dish looks magnificent and is a welcome contribution to any blogiversary bash! :)