Saturday, February 5, 2011

Nutella Filled Cream Cheese Cookies for World Nutella Day!!!

Ah, World Nutella Day! A few years ago I made myself a cup of Nutella Hot Chocolate, posted it on my blog and sent the link to Sara of Ms. Adventures in Italy and Michelle of Bleeding Espresso, so I could participate in World Nutella Day. I never thought it would become one of my most popular recipes to date!


So, this year, I prepared a bit better and started thinking of Nutella recipes a little more in advance. I knew I wanted to make something with cream cheese but not a cheesecake. I thought of brownies but I wanted to taste the cream cheese and the Nutella. Then I found this dough recipe that could be easily adapted, added some cream cheese to it, filled the dough with Nutella and tadaaa! I got my Nutella Filled Cream Cheese Cookies! They are moist, not too sweet, you get a hint of cream cheese in each bite and the Nutella, well, that's just the most wonderful surprise to get inside a cookie! And it works so well with the cream cheese, the cookies stay moist and they are even better the next day.


Tell me, are you making Nutella recipes today or are you dipping your spoon into a jar and enjoying Nutella "au naturel"? We'll probably be doing a little of both around here today!


Nutella Filled Cream Cheese Cookies
(dough recipe adapted from Michael Smith via Food Network Canada)

1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp.

1 - 250g package of cream cheese, room temp.

1 1/2 cups granulated sugar

2 eggs, room temp.

1 tbsp vanilla extract

1 tbsp corn syrup

3 cups all purpose flour

1 tsp baking powder

1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

Nutella, for filling

1/3 cup granulated sugar (for rolling)


Preheat your oven to 375F and line a few baking sheets with parchment paper.


In your mixer of choice, beat the butter, cream cheese and granulated sugar together until well mixed. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one. Add the vanilla and corn syrup and mix until incorporated.
In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Slowly add to the butter/cream cheese mix and beat until the batter comes together.

Refrigerate the dough for at least an hour, otherwise it will be sticky, very had to work with and the cookies won't keep their shape as well.

Once your dough has been refrigerated, use a cookie scoop or a tablespoon and form little balls of dough. Make an indentation in each one and dollop about 1/2 tsp of Nutella in it. Close the dough around the Nutella as much as you can then
use a small piece of dough to close up the hole. Form into a ball shape and roll into the remaining 1/3 cup of granulated sugar. Place on the parchment lined cookie sheet, 6 cookies to a sheet.

Bake (one sheet at a time) in preheated oven for about 12 minutes or until the cookies are slightly golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Makes about 36 large cookies.




Pin It!

12 comments:

Dee D. said...

Yumm :) I love nutella :) This is something I will try out!

Joshua said...

Love the close ups of the Nutella jars. World Nutella Day is filling me up and I have not yet broken out my spoon. I'm going to put this recipe in my "to do" list.

Natalie said...

these look great! i've made similar cookies--nutella pockets--that we loved!

Deeba PAB said...

Love the little pockets - Indulgent! Bookmarking these little bites!

Paula said...

when I`m looking at this I`m really hungry :) with such delicious combo it must be awesome! I`m so glad I found your blog and I`m going to stop by your blog more often :)

Brilynn said...

I love the use of cream cheese in recipes other than just cheesecake, it's got a nice tang to it. And obviously nutella goes with everything, I can't buy it too often because I really do just eat it with a spoon more than anything else.

Rachel said...

mmmmmm nutella! these cookies look awesome!

Lucie said...

The Nutella and cream cheese pairing is great!

grace said...

i didn't realize nutella day was upon us! i shall hereby have multiple scoops of nutella from the jar in an attempt to make up for that travesty.

Jill | Dulce Dough said...

Nutella AND cream cheese? What could be better than that? Your recipe sounds wonderful!

juliana alonso dorola said...

OMG! i have to try this recipe fast... and almost eating the screen!

danube66 said...

I wanted to pin your post, but the only image I could pin was the jar of Nutella...