Tuesday, April 14, 2009

TWD - 15 Minute Magic: Chocolate Amaretti Torte

Chocolate lovers, listen up! This torte is not only chocolaty, it is chocolate overload. But, in a good way. The fabulous Holly of Phe.Mom.enon chose 15 Minute Magic: Chocolate Amaretti Torte for us as this week's installment of Tuesdays with Dorie and all I can say is: Thank you, Holly! Hints of amaretto from pulverized amaretti cookies which, along with ground almonds, take the place of flour in this pleasantly dense and moist cake.

I was really happy to have my mom over this weekend and she was one of the lucky taste testers. She loved it, no, she raved about it, as did everyone else! Even the kids, and we all know that they already are in chocolate overload after being gifted an impressive amount of chocolate by the Easter Bunny. Not enough, it seems... The torte is, as its name implies, quite easy to pull together, even without the use of a food processor. Add almond scented whipped cream and a few crushed amaretti cookies for effect, and you end up with an impressive dessert for remarkably little work. Score!

Please visit Holly's blog Phe.Mom.enon for the recipe (and other fun stuff!) and don't forget to visit the rest of the Tuesdays with Dorie bakers for further inspiration!

Pin It!

26 comments:

Ginny said...

Sounds just up my alley! delicious! I hope you had a wonderful Easter with you family! :)

Steph said...

Your torte looks beautiful!

Manggy said...

I'm glad everyone enjoyed it-- I've never tried one of these kinds of cakes before but they look delicious!

Happy Easter to you! :)

vibi said...

Si tu habitais Montréal... On magasinerait ensemble, on ferait des provision d'amaretti Lazzaronni! LOL Je n'avais jamais rien goûté de pareil (dans la liste des ingrédients, il est inscrit: 16% noyaux de pêches moulues!!!) Menoum! que c'était bon...

Mais certainement pas aussi bon que cette superbe torte que tu nous offres ce matin!

Isabelle Lambert said...

c'est vrai qu'il y a peu de travail dans ce dessert, pour un résultat assez étonnant ! c'est superbe lynne :)

Peggy said...

I thought it was easy to make and we liked it! Hope you are having a great week. Your torte looks amazing.

Teanna said...

The cake looks fantastic! I would rave about it too! Even after eating a whole entire chocolate easter bunny! Haha!

chocolatechic said...

I am in desperate need of chocolate over load.

TeaLady said...

Great looking dessert. It looks yummy!!

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

Looks beautiful!! Glad eveyone liked it so much!

Heather said...

ohh. that looks tasty! glad you and your mom liked it!

Jamie said...

Your torte looks delicious!

Kara said...

Oh nicely done. I skipped out on the whipped cream part, but it was still really yummy!

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

I'm a fan of chocolate. I would love it.

Anonymous said...

Your torte looks fantastic. I didn't make the almond cream, it sounds wonderful.

Anonymous said...

This really was chocolate overload! It was an impressive dessert for the amount of time!!

PheMom said...

I am so glad that this one was a hit for you guys! I wish I had a plate of your cake right now. That glossy chocolate is calling me! Thanks for baking along with me!

Anonymous said...

It looks great! Glad it was a hit for everyone.

Banjo said...

well done! Looks beautiful...

Michelle said...

YUMMY! So rich and so delicious! I know I couldn't pass it up!

Linda said...

I'm glad to hear that your mom and the kiddies loved the torte. Your cake looks so delicious! I must do the whipped cream next time.

Megan said...

It sounds like everyone enjoyed it - and that's always a good thing. It wasn't so popular at my house, but all the candy from the Easter Bunny sure was!

Unknown said...

Your torte looks wonderful! This one was a bit too rich for me. Next time I'd skip the ganache.

grace said...

magic, indeed! it looks so dense and rich and fabulous. i'm glad you got to share it with your ma. :)

Jin Hooi said...

Looks great, well done.. And yeah, agree with the chocolate overload bit ;-))

Kristen said...

Ahhhh - your mom was lucky to get to be a taste tester! This looks lovely.